Saturday, November 13, 2010

"It Is Good" by Kate Saunders


My dear friend, Kate Saunders, is an amazing poet and wrote this and I fell in love with it as soon as I heard it. Hope you all enjoy it too.



It Is Good

I know you’re here,

Your gentle hands

Always lifting, supporting, pushing,

As I, a simple particle dancing through the expanse

Begin my journey to become more,

To find my place in the very framework of life.

I hear your voice

In every collision of an electron and a positron,

Performing their chaotic choreography

To envelope a family of protons and neutrons.

They all spin with your voice,

Dance with your voice,

Crash and collide with your voice.

I feel you in it all;

Your presence directing and guiding

As we find our way,

Discover our purpose,

Become more and more solid,

More and more like matter,

Creating beauty,

Composing masterpieces,

Building life,

And you are there in every way

I hear you speaking your love

As we become what we will be

As we build only to crumble away

Compose only to decay,

As we divide and multiply

And constantly change position.

In every phase and cycle I hear your words:

You say, “It is good.”

Every time, every form, every generation

Of new matter, of new life,

“It is good.”

No matter whether I may be

The most inconsequential quark

Or a majestic molecule,

I hear you say of me,

“It is good.”

No comments: