Monday, April 19, 2010

Coconut Cream Pie

Friday, I decided to try and make a Coconut Cream Pie. . . to be honest. . . it didn't turn out the best. I did a few things wrong. But it still turned out okay. I know what to do next time.

Here are some pics of my baking

Photobucket

Making the home made whip cream

Photobucket

The crust. I tried 1/2 a recipe that I'd used before but the crust turned out salty in the end. I'm going to just make the normal size crust recipe next time. It wasn't TOOOO salt but just a bit salt.

Photobucket

The cream part of it. I used non sweetened coconut shavings. The only thing was that the shavings were huge. Next time I need to cut them up a bit smaller.

Photobucket

The end result was good but NOT the best. . . I'm wondering how to make the inside a bit less think. . maybe I'll cook it less over the oven. Also I won't add any vanilla. I used coconut milk and it sweetened it enough.

I am search for the perfect coconut pie recipe.

No comments: