Friday, September 24, 2010

Weird dream

Last night I had a weird dream. I can't remember the beginning but I was in some HUGE building. . . like a high school but 10x's bigger. It also had a movie theater.

I'm not sure why but there were huge animals roaming the halls. The animals weren't mean but they were big and none of the animals were recognizable as real but they could have been prehistoric.

I don't remember the exact progression but I ran into a couple that I grew up with since I was a child. Sherrie and Dave's daughter, Kate, was a childhood friend. I ran into them at the front of a movie theater. I could see the food counters and it was pretty packed. We were talking when all of a sudden we see some person flying through the air. and we see something green and tentacle like shoot out and grab another person. Fear shot through me but so did that feeling of nails on a chalkboard.

Sherrie said, "I don't want to be near here." And started to take off up some stairs but the stairs just lead us up and then down in practically the same spot. People were rushing to get away too. We ran and I remember kicking out a plastic square of a dividing wall so we could just get to the other side. It was all rushed in my dream. I called my parents and ended up finding them and some other people from my parent's church. We all ran up and found some secluded room that seemed safe.

We stayed in that room for awhile. It had a bathroom and running water. There was a group of people in that room who were from Africa and played the bongo drums and danced. I remember the night before we left the room they started to play the drums and dance. We all joined in.

The next day we packed up all our things. I don't know how we knew the monster was gone. We never fully saw it and we never heard anyone tell us it was gone. I packed up my backpack which was abnormally large. I packed up a My Little Pony cup, some disney toys, and other childish trinkets.

I don't remember what happened right after that but it then switched to a movie theater. . . the same one that the dream started out in. I ran into my friend Aubrey who was going to see some movie I didn't want to see. As I talked to her I looked up on the wall and there was poster of a new movie coming out. On the poster was the green monster with the long tentacles that had started the fear in my dream.

No comments: