Wednesday, September 19, 2007

September 19 2007

Herro All,

Quick update. . . . the company I shot those product shots liked the end product that I sent them. I am waiting to hear back on another shoot they are wanting done. I am busy this month and wouldn't be able to do it till next month so we'll see if they use me or not.

NOVA is going well with me but not the company itself. It looks like dark waters a head but we'll see. There is talk of it going under in the near future but it's all hear say and it's hard to know what the truth is when every day you hear something new. I do know that the stocks have gone down over 25% and that my friend's friend in England who is planning on coming over to Japan to teach said. . . that NOVA had called her to tell her she had 2 options. . .1. you can not come or 2. come knowing that you may not have a job after coming over. Soo. . . this is very disconcerning to me. Especially now that I decided to stay till Next April and now it looks like I may not have a job even come November. . . great! Please pray for the company. I know that for many of us foreigners it won't hinder us much but for many of the Japanese staff and alot of the foreigners who have families this is their occupation.

I have a funny story from one of my students. Kind of funny. She told me that her husband use to be a diplomate in Cuba, Chile, etc. She said she'd had dinner with Castro before. . .maybe 14 years ago. I asked what he was like. She said "Oh, Castro he's very handsome and very suave. Yes, a very handsome man." . .In my head I thought "mmm. . . .the evil dictator of Cuba. . . handsome. Okay. " lol. Another funny quote. I have a student who goes to Las Vegas every year with her husband. Her comment was "When I first went I thought to myself. Las Vegas is a big festival for adults EVERY DAY." hahahha. I guess. . .for Japanese people that is true.

So the other day I was running (semi training for a marathon) around my town. I had just ran around 7.3K which is like 4.5 miles. I was walking home when I heard a bike behind me. I got out of the way and said "sumimasen" which is "Excuse me" in japanese. But the bike didn't pass by. It was a young man and he said "sumimasen" back to me which in this case means "excuse me" too but more like "excuse me can I ask you something. " not the "excuse me for being in the way" like I'd said earlier. Anyways. . . long story short with no more explanations of Japanese words. . . .he ended up asking me for directions but I had no idea where it was that he was looking for. Also we found out we were both foreigners (because I'd replied"sorry I don't know where that is becuase I'm not from Japan.) . He's from Mongolia and he's working here doing sometype of Economists job (kenshu). We ended up talking awhile (all in japanese). His name is Tedendamba and we both came around the same time and are around the same age. We've hung out a few times but not much. . . after the fact that I think he likes me but I really don't like him in that way. He's a sweet guy and really really really nice and gentle but I have no way of talking to him about my faith or finding out what he believes in. We can make conversation but not about what we believe. . .I don't even know the word for "believe" "faith" etc. . God is "kami" and grace is "megumi" but that's what I know in the rehlm of Christianity. I'm not attracted to him either. He's asian ;).

Don't worry mom. . . .I won't fall in love with anyone who isn't willing to move to Oregon or at least America. Most likely I just won't fall in-love here. I'm too big for these men and too "strong" (personality wise) for them too.

Anyways I'm going to sign off here. Love you all.

No comments: