Wednesday, November 7, 2007

06/11/07

Wow!!! I can't believe that people other then myself read this. . . oh and Brandie. But my Uncle Heck and Aunt Verna wrote me a nice e-mail asking for an update so here it is. . . .

Here are a few pics from the past few weeks. . . .

There was a little festival in Toda where I live and my roommate and I went down to check it out. . it wasn't much but there were a bunch of fun booths.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This one happens to be a booth of old women selling cigaretts. . . yes, very "festival" like.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Fun masks.. I wanted Charlene (my roommate) to try one on but she wouldn't :) but neither would I.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This was a cool booth. For something like 200 yen you got this little thingy that looks like an egg dying wand with a thin paper covering it and you get to try and catch as many fish as you like untill it break.s Pretty fun.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This one has to be my favorite of all of them! American Hamburger 100% Beef! hahahahah.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was in Koenji waiting for my private student when I saw the tallest man I've EVER seen before and he was Japanese.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In Japan it's already Christmas!!! Though Tatsuya says it's not Christmas without snow and that it always seems weird to see a Christmas tree without snow on it. (he's from Hokkaido where it snows every year. ALOT of snow)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cute women in their Kimonos :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I went over to my friend's house (adam and Ayako) and we watched movies and ate way too much junk food BUT it was worth it. And they have the SWEETEST cat named "Jet Lee Hopprich". Hopprich is Adam's last name. hahahhaha.


Okay, so here is the update on the NOVA business. . . I just got an e-mail from my AT and she said that their is a buyer. Which means that NOVA has new owners! It also means there are 2 differen things that could happen. . .

1. We could get our jobs back, our back pay, and what not. :)
or
2. We don't get our jobs back but we get unemployment immediately.

I am not sure what will happen but most likely number 1 becuase it would reflect really poorly on Japan if they didn't. Also they have bought the company but if they don't give us our back pay most of the workers won't work. And if they dont' hire us back on who will they hire to teach? But really I'm not all together sure what will happen. Please pray.

On the other hand . . . I have around 10 privates and I just interviewed with a school that needs a part timer but maybe have it turn into something full time. Also they do Visas sooo that is a plus .

Tatsuya and I are doing well! I'm sooo lucky to be dating such a great guy. :) He just finished a crazy festival thingy his university puts on every year and it lasts 3 days but they set up the day before and the next day. . . So it ended on a Sunday but they broke stuff down on Monday. He woke up on Sunday at 6:30 am to get there and he didn't go to bed till Monday at 1pm! Crazy kid is trying to kill himself.

Oh, for any of you who knew I was having some stomach issues/ eating issues. .it's all cleared up and I think it was mostly stress. I can eat just fine now. . I don't eat as much as I use to but I eat more then I was a month ago! I can eat a good size serving now and not crash in 30 minutes or feel like I'm going to barfe. . .and all the other symptoms have cleared up :) Thank the Lord. Seriously! It was pretty sad there for awhile.

I love you all. Thanks for your prayers.

2 comments:

Jane Jordan Photography said...

wow, we haven't seen you in forever! it was fun seeing what youve been up to...
take care,
jane and jordan

Lisa Goe said...

i loved the pictures. and i loved the tall iron man guy from the movie. and i love how i should not be procrastinating, and i totally am. yayah!