Sunday, October 28, 2007

28/10/07

Konbanwa!

Hello, friends and family. I have some news about NOVA but here are some fun pics I have from an outing with Sara. We went to Sunshine which is a big mall type thing in Ikebukuro. It was a beautiful day . . . too bad we decided to stay inside the whole time practically ;)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here are some costumed people doing a skit in the middle of the mall. . the guy with the round head is a pretty well known cartoon character. I think his name is Panpan Man. I'm not 100% sure though on that.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These are some interesting men caring a . . .yes. . huge GYOZA!!!! Which is a dumpling in English. Supposebly there was a Gyoza festival. LOL. and these men were the spokesmen. LOL.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here are some women advertising on the street for the Gyoza Festival and those are gyoza hats on their heads. I really wish they were selling them but sadly they weren't.

Okay, about my job now. . . sadly it's been shut down for at least a week to let the government decide whether it should go bankrupt or if it will step in and help/ let another company step in and take control. We'll see. I'm not sure which one I'd wrather have happen. It's kind of worrisome yet I really can't do anything about it so. . . I'm not losing much sleep from it but am looking for a new job/ privates to make it through the winter till January when I can apply for a real job. Since I am coming home for 3 weeks I can't really apply to any long term jobs saddly. But pray I may decide to just move home in February but I'd like to stay 1 more year. We'll see. God willing.

Please pray for all the NOVA teachers and workers. . .it's something like 3,000 Japanese workers and something like 4,000 foreign teachers who are most likely unemployeed. Thanks.

No comments: