Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sushi and Prawns

Yesterday I went out to eat with some past students of mine. We went out for sushi (I didn't have to pay!). Pretty nice sushi I think too. . .I'm use to the kaiten sushi (the ones on the belts that go around in circle and each plate is a different price depending on the color). But this was really beautifully prepared and served. The sushi chef and his wife ran the restaurant. very cute. Here are some pictures

Photobucket

We started out with these Prawns that they call amaiebi (amai is sweet and ebi is shrimp). Can you believe they eat the WHOLE thing. . head and all. . . Keiko ate the tail tooo!!!

Photobucket

Keiko

Photobucket

Me. . . I knew if I didn't take a picture no one would believe me.

Photobucket

And there goes the head. since living here I've come to like some cooked fish. . .most sushi. . .am starting to like nori aka. seaweed. I still don't like shrimp so much but I still ate this to be polite.

Photobucket

The sushi was GREAT!! To be honest I can't tell the difference . .. but the scallops were really soft and tender. The Hamachi (Yellow tail) was GREAT too.

Photobucket

Yuri being very skilled an eating her Magaro with her hands.

3 comments:

David said...

I WANT YOUR LIFE. Seriously, why can't I experience Japan like that? SOMEDAY!!! SOMEDAY IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

Ryan A. said...

ugh. i hate those shrimp. first time they were put in front of me i was a little hesitant, but this little girl sitting next to me was scarfing 'em down. i couldn't let her show me up like that so i popped a whole one in my mouth like she was doing. bad move. it took about 10 minutes for me to chew that thing down to something swallow-able, trying not to gag the whole time.

Mk said...

Really? I actually didn't mind them so much. . . they were soo crunchy I couldn't really taste anything. I thought it would be weird to eat it's head and everything but it wasn't so bad.