Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Drowning Attempt

Today, it was a beautifully sunny day in Austin.  First, I went with my brother and his family to watch my niece, Natalie, do a presentation with her "presentation group".  She did it on her 1st year book which is a collection of her favorite writings she'd done this year.  Here is poem she wrote:

" Hey, sister sister!
The donkey with a blister,
The block tripped over the hat;
The skinny man laughed
to see a block walk,
And the lady ran to catch her
cat."

I think she's a writing genius already.


After that we met up with 2 families who are part of the home school group that Natalie is a part of.  We went to the pool that is the housing complex of one of the families.  It was a lot of fun. 

BUT it has to be one of the scariest moments I've ever had in my WHOLE life.  I was swimming with all the kids.  2 of the kids didn't join in because they were too little and needed life jackets or parental help.  Lily was one of them and she was a little hesitant to go in the big pool too.  She would only go on the steps.  

1/2 way through Brandie decided to join us in the pool and had stood up to get her stuff when all of a sudden I turned around, only because I heard Brandie say she was coming in, and I couldn't see Lily and I saw a body under the water.  I realized it was Lily.  I rushed over screaming, "Shit, shit, shit" and reached her in time.  She came up sputtering and crying.  She apparently didn't have too much water in her because she didn't cough any up.  Scott, was right there to scoop her up too.  

She is fine.  Even more scared of the pool but doing fine.  

Seriously, had to have been the scariest moment of my 26 year old life.  An hour later she was still running around and giggling by the baby pool, while my aunty heart was beating fast.  

No comments: