Friday, October 29, 2010

Grandma











Last weekend I went to my Great Aunt and Uncle's to take some portraits for them. My Great Uncle just finished writing a book about his father and his stories and needed a portrait for the book's inside flap.

I'm glad I work at a assisted living facility because they also asked me to take head shots of them for when they die. As they so delicately said, "Well, when one dies and at the memorial they have a big picture of the deceased at the entry." And my aunt and uncle are not a photo family. It was the first time I took photos for at a memorial.

Luckily, they also had me take some portraits of them together for Christmas cards which was much more pleasant.

Afterwards we went back to their house and my grandma came over (she lives across the street from them). We all sat around and talked about who passed at their place and I talked about the people who passed at mine. It was very interesting to hear them talk about death so candidly but I guess at their age it is a normal topic.

It reminded me of going and seeing the movie, "Up" with my best friend and her grandma (who lives at my work). When the main character's wife passed away I was in tears. I thought the movie was so sad. . . and happy but the beginning was so sad but my friend's grandma didn't think anything of it. I think she even fell asleep a bit. :)

Since my grandma was there I thought I would take some pictures of her and me. Here are the pics from that day.

1 comment:

Natalie and Lily said...

Those are awesome Mel! Very nice.