Monday, October 25, 2010

Laodicea


Today at church I heard an amazing sermon on the church of Laodicea and how they lived lukewarm. It was an amazing sermon talking about how Laodicea was a wealthy city. It was known for many things like; clothing, medicine, and wealth. But the Lord tells them that they are lukewarm because of their comfort. How they are poor, blind, and naked spiritually.

It really convicted me and made me realize how lukewarm my life is and how easy it is for me to live in comfort. I don't want the "cancer of indifference" to take hold of my life. I want to live passionate and fully.

I want to live with Christ in the center of my life.

"light without sight is perpetual night"

I've decided to take a break from the ever time consuming Facebook. I could be doing so much more with my time then "staying connected" with people.

I want to change, grow, and center my life, not on myself, on God.

I want to stop living my life for my feelings but for my convictions.


"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

He who overcomes, I will grant him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches"

Rev. 3: 20-22



No comments: