Saturday, January 24, 2009

February 11th I'll be 26!!!

Update 101 or something like that. . . :)

Photobucket

Me and my roommate. . . we aren't in a sauna but she was cooking.

I can't belive that I've almost been in Japan now for 2 years!!! I came February 22nd, 2007. My roomate, Bernice, and I actually met eachother the first day we came to Japan. We came in at the same time and were in the same group traveling together from the airport. We also ended up having training together at Nova. Its been a good 2 years. The first year and second year were completely different though. I'm really glad I stayed for the second year. A lot of stuff I would have missed out on and I've learned a lot while living here. I also am glad I was able to work as and ALT (Assistant Language Teacher) in a Jr. High School. It was really worth it. I wish I had done that from the beginning now. My Japanese would be a lot better if I had.

Just to let you all know. . .I am heading home, Oregon, in May sometime. I haven't purchased a ticket yet but that is in the works. And actually if you want to know what to give me for my 26th b'day coming up I'd love money to help pay for that ticket since it will be around 1,000 dollars to fly me home. You can just send it to parents (make it out to Helen Lewis ) in Oregon. The address is

Helen Lewis
405 Central St.
Silverton, OR 97381

It would be a lot of help too.

Yes, I am turning 26 this year. . . feels a bit weird but good. I enjoy getting older. I feel like my body is an older person's body (maybe because it's sooo soft and squishy :)) sometimes. 26 doesn't feel much different then 25 except . . . I feel like 25 is still sooo young sounding where as 26 is only 4 years away from 30. . .which I look forward to also. 30 does sound old though. hahahhahhahha. Well, 25 was a great year and I'm sure 26 will be too. I plan to be in the US for my 27th so that should be nice :)

Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Love you,


Melody

No comments: