Monday, February 16, 2009

Photobucket

11 WEEKS TO GO!!!


I can't believe that it is only 11 more weeks till I'll be in America again.


It's that time of year again. . . It has almost been 2 years since I first came to Japan. Last Saturday it was abnormally warm. . . something like 24 degrees in Tokyo (that is 75 degrees F). We opened the windows and let the sounds of Saitama sweep through our humble abode. Maybe it was the warm day, the wind through our house, the smell of sun through the windows but I was suddenly sent back 2 years when I first came to Japan. I easily remembered how it felt to first be in Japan and all the romance and thrill of being in a foreign country. As I say goodbye to this wonderful country I realize how lucky I've been to get to live here in Japan for 2 years. I wonder how I'll look back on these 2 years. . . will I stay in touch with the people I've gotten to know here? Will I remember the smell of tatami mats? Will I forget about the amazing little fruit and vegitable stand, in Warabi, I'd bike to every Saturday and Monday? Will I lose my litte British accent I've apparently aquired by living with a British roommate? Will these memories fade?

Probably some but not all and the exciting thing is that I'm always making new memories and that it's okay to forget some stuff. As they say when God closes a door He often opens a window. Well, I don't necessarily feel like He's CLOSING a door but He's just ushering me into another room in this HUGE house called life.

Just turning 26 (and loving it) time is wizzing (great word) by. With little time spent with my youngest niece and my first nephew on his way (yes, it's a boy! I firmly believe this. :)) I just realize that being near my family and being a part of their lives is sooo important. I'm just wondering how the Lord is going to help me with my 3 year itch becuase I'm pretty sure that heading home is for a good while. He heard the cry of my heart and is sending me home. Sometimes. . .nope, scratch that. . .all the time He knows what is best for us and knows our hearts better then we do.


But what I'll miss most about Japan a List

1. Bernice (also Charlene's faces)
2. Yukiko (even if we live far apart)
3. My school and students
4. My fruit and vegitable stand
5. My hairdresser
6. My old lady bicycles/ public transportation
7. Starbucks at the Shinjuku Southern Terrace exit/ Starbucks in Omiya.
8. Bumming with Bernice. . we're very good at it.
9. Indian food
10. My bedroom. . .it has been my sanctual and hide-hole. I love it and it is a great room. Minuse the easily steamed up windows but easily taken care of when you open the curtains during the day.

What I look forward to moving to Oregon

1. Being near my family
2. Being near Aubrey
3. Being near my friends ( Bean, Katie, the Hughes, the Wieggands, my parents old time friends, etc)
4. Watching my nieces and nephew grow up
5. Starting my photography business
6. Living in the North West again
7. Finding a good home church
8. The convenience of American grocery shopping
9. Watching new Harry Potter with Aubs and or my mom.
10. Starting new hobbies when I come home; back packing with my sister and her husband (don't know if they know this) and Glen, biking with my brother, Jason (again he doesn't know this), learning more arts and crafts stuff other then knitting, and etc.


Again, both of these lists are just short 10 point lists. . .there are many more things I will miss and many things more I'm looking forward too. Just because I didn't list it doesn't mean I'm not thinking it or feeling it.

Well, there is my 2 yen. Thanks for following this blog for 2 years. I know it's not the most exciting and I keep up with it very poorly but I've enjoyed our time together. I pray you all are doing well and I can't wait to see you if you're State side and I hope we can say goodbye if you're here in Japan. Loves.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll miss you and our bumming sessions, too, Mellers! Who else can I spontaneously drink whiskey, obssess over anime and watch random movies with while they knit??

Mk said...

WHO KNOWS!!!! I love that pic if you, Joy, and I and there is knitting in the forground with pizza boxes strewn about us.