Monday, February 23, 2009

"A Silly Thing, My Heart Is."

Photobucket


"A Silly Thing, My Heart Is."
by Unknown


My heart is like a fickle feeling,
Fancying whoever or whomever comes a long.

To rest on those thoughtless words,
That were so carelessly spoken.

At which my heart reached out,
And took hold of these silly words.

Inhaling them
as if it hadn't heard a pretty word in ages.

Basking in it's 'emotions'
Allowing it's arms and legs to stretch out.

To soak itself like a child,
In a lake on a hot summers day.

What a silly thing to do,
A heart.

To open itself up
with the slightest of touch.

For the waters can chang in an instant
And the tide will go out in the end.

But the hope of happiness is there,
None the less.

Willing to chance and to bet it all.
What a silly heart, I have.

Yet it is the heart I was given,
The one He saw best fit for me.

In everything I do and did
my heart followed a long.

Reminding me that He is always with me
And that the Love I seek is always with(in) me.

In love or out of love,
Love will never leave me.

And in that I can rest.

Again this poem spoke to me. Not the best well written. . hey, it doesn't rhyme :) but It spoke to the "girly" in me. Thanks for indulging me in my emotional antics.

No comments: