Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action

Today was yet another day full of non-paying adventures.

Actually, I met with my friend, Lindsay, who is a massage therapist here in town. Lindsay is letting me show some of my work in her office which is pretty cool. She is also very gifted in interior decorating and just style in general. And that is why she is helping me decide what prints/ what size to put up at a local cafe that is letting me show my art. I am going to do a series of "fog" photos that I took a season ago here in Oregon. I really like them and am proud of them. It's exciting being able to show work. A little scary but I'm hopeful. Oregonians should like them :)

Tomorrow, I have a nice PAID gig where I'm photographing my dentist's office crew. A group shot of everyone. Should be fun. My dentists is pretty crazy :) In a good way. I pulled out my dad's lighting equipment. He has 4 monoblocs and some nice soft boxes. I decided to play around with them. Here is a self portrait. Me in the dungeon of unemployment.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Natalie and Lily said...

Wow! Love your self portrait. Can we have one to replace the college one?(5x7)

Natalie and Lily said...

Wow! I love this self portrait! Your hair is really growing.

Ryan A. said...

that's a really pretty picture of you me-ro-di

Mk said...

thanks Ry-Ry