Friday, July 24, 2009

Provision

I want to start out by thanking God for all He has done for me. Thank You for giving me a roof over my head, food in my belly, a family who loves and cares for me, friends who support and pray for me, and so many other things You've provided for me. I am blessed and am grateful for your mercies. You are a great God and Father.

Please pray for me, all of you out there who read this blog.

I just read Philippians 4 and it reminds me to rejoice and to be thankful. To fill my mind with what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, and excellent or praiseworthy. It reminds me to be content in all times of life and in those times to not be anxious but to god to God in prayer and with a thankful heart. But in the scripture it doesn't say, "and then God will make everything perfect and according to Melody's will." Nope it says, "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

In my heart of hearts I know and believe that God has a greater reason then I can see for me being where I am. I also know He wants to provide for all my needs. And one need isn't necessarily greater then the other. In a way its like when my niece wants something really badly and her mother wants to give it to her and would love to bless her but she also knows she needs to teach my niece how to be obedient, patient, respectful to others, etc. So when my niece throws a fit, complains, guilt, etc. her mom knows she now can't just giver her daughter what she wants but must give her what she needs. In the bigger picture her daughter is receiving life lessons that she'll need later on in life and are things that are much harder to learn as adults then as a child.

Thank you Lord for where I am in life. It's hard and I don't understand why the money stuff isn't working out but I trust that you have a purpose and a reason. I pray that I will listen and obey Your guidance and that my faith will not run dry but will like an endless flow of water.

In Isaiah he says this,

"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the Lord's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words, then you will find your joy in the Lord and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.

The mouth of the Lord has spoken."


2 comments:

sinchare said...

weeeee!
Just to prove I did visit :P

C

Mk said...

thanks :) Miss you.