Friday, July 10, 2009

Work and unemployment

I am still currently unemployed but getting photo jobs here and there. . .nothing consistant. Hard coming in the summer when most of the weddings are already taken.

But as Miley says,

"I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
'You'll never reach it'

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

Aint' about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa"


Such wise words from a person who probably hasn't ever had a hard day really. . . I mean maybe if you count deciding if you should wear the pink gem studded shirt or the purple one. Nah, as cliche as it is I like this song right now. . . I think I like cliches more then I let on. And apparently I like country more then I use to.

Seriously though. . . I am tired of not having a steady income. . . I know that wedding and portrait photography is what I want to do and is what the Lord wants me to do yet. . . it couldn't grow fast enough. I don't know what to do to push me more. I don't have the luxury of having a second income, a rich family to support me, though my parents are blessing me soooooo much with letting me stay with them and borrow their cars, or a sugar daddy.

I don't think I'd realized how much having a steady income is linked to me feeling secure. . . before money was never a question. But to be honest I've always taken the easy way out, at least for me it was the easy way out. Going to Japan was hard but starting my own business and putting my faith in my work is hard. I have to remember though that the Lord is with me and that He's watching me. I haven't stuck as close as I could be to Him these past few weeks. I've been doing a bit of a pity party but I'm actively going to change that.

A better quote,

"Submit yourself, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

James 4:7,8

I have such a great promise from Him yet I feel like I've wavered in that promise sooooo much. Right now I've focused sooooo much on starting my business but also in finding another job to even out the income. I've worried sooo much about that but I am thankful for the jobs I've gotten here and there. I am doing what I came back to do. . . start my business. It may not look the same as others who seemed to catch the tail of a shooting star but it is what it is. :)

Thanks for all of your guys' encouragements.

Here are some pics from a shoot I did in Texas (sorry Texas people. The cd is a coming).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Natalie and Lily said...

LMAO over your first quote... Natalie and I just saw the Hannah Montana movie yesterday... Best $1.50 I've spent since Seventeen Again. ;)

Mk said...

What does LMAO mean????