Monday, February 18, 2008

Hokkaido Part 3: The Middle

So on our last day in Hakodate we went to Onumakoen/ lake. It was a great place and we had a lot of chopping in the snow. We went off the beaten track a bit. Most of the people there were tourists. . .and most of them were Chinese too. I think we were the only ones who actually went chopping in the snow.

Photobucket

Here we are about to leave on our 1 car train. It was really cute.

Photobucket

Here we are at teh station/ information area. Thats a swan and Amy.

Photobucket

Me and a bear. There are these carved bears with fish that are famous in Hokkaido apparently. Another thing that is famous up here is a saying "Boys be Ambitious". Apparently some foreigner. . . doctor or something. . . .said it to a college. I dont know really. Sorry. hahahha good story huh?

Photobucket

I'm guessing its a pokimon. . . not sure on that one. They had a bunch of these at the lake before you go on the trails or rent a snowmobile for 6 minutes for 10 bucks. . .no kidding. RIPOFF but all the Chinese people were into it.

Photobucket

A really pretty mountain you could see all over the park wherever you walked.

Photobucket

SO I saw these tracks on teh lake so I though it was okay to walk on it. . . I learned the hard way as I always do. I started to sink and it was kinda scary but not really. Amy would have jumped in after me. . . later she told me "what would have been the good of me to jump in and then freeze too". thanks amy ;)

Photobucket

My poor boots. . .they held up but that was after the lake incident.

Photobucket

Me after almost falling in.

Photobucket

Amy chomping

Photobucket

just more beautiful pictures of Hokkaido

Photobucket

We found a part of the lake you can walk on and there were these igloo type things you could sit in.

Photobucket

Us on the lake

Photobucket

I kept seeing people eating ice cream and my roommate, Charlene, told me that she'd heard that Hokkaido had the best ice cream in Japan. So I got some. . and she was right.

Photobucket

I shared with Amy.

Photobucket

that night we had tonkatsu and whatever Amy is eating here. . its shrimp and other yummy stuff.

Photobucket

Best bowl of Tonkatsu Ive had in Japan. Ps. for some reason I like to eat Tonkatsu when I get home sick. . . maybe because my friend, Yukiko, and I would hang out at Otori a Japanese set menu restraunt and we'd eat tonkatsu sometimes. . I dont know. . good memories. makes me warm inside.

Photobucket

That is the sign from the restraunt. Oh, Tonkatsu is Pork.


Our hotel in Hakodate

I have more videos I'll update those later. Check out m y last blog. .I've added some vidoes.

1 comment:

David said...

I want to do that before I die.