Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Matters of the Heart

So I am going to take a tip from my good friend David's blog (you should check it out http://www.dmesler.blogspot.com/) and just write. Sorry, if you're disappointed there are no pictures but I realize that people leave just as many comments (none) wether I leave pics or not. meh.

If you keep up to date on my blog you know that I'm dating an amazing guy here in Japan. And if you don't . . . .well, I'm dating an amazing man here in Japan named Tatsuya. I was thinking back to when I first came to Japan almost 2 years ago and how on myspace I posted that I'd gotten engaged to a Samurai and how many of my friend fell for the joke. Well, Tatsuya's pretty darn close :) He's a drummer! j/k. I mean. . . he is a drummer but it's not sooo close to a samurai. But he's a great man.

On the 16th we celebrated Christmas and our 2nd month anniversary. . .more so Christmas. It was nice. We were planning on going to an Observitory but instead we ended up paying 1800 yen (about 15 dollars) for tickets and not going. We'd bought the tickets but we had about an hour and a half to wait for our turn to go in so we found a local Starbucks and sat and chatted. We ended up chatting through our time for the Observitory but we both decided it was worth it. Instead we went bowling (we both suck we decided. The first time we went bowling we both got 111 but this time he got 67 and I got 63! Sad) and then to a nice restraunt. It was a great evening.

He's taught me sooo much about myself and about communication (and how much I suck at it even though I think I do communicate. . hahaha). I also see how much I don't truly love people sometimes and how emotional, selfish, and selfseeking I can be. He's taught me more about what love is. . . that love is patient, love is kind, love does not envy, love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails, but whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

and 13 ;)


May we all learn to love like this . . . .may Tatsuya and I learn to love like Christ.

1 comment:

David said...

Right on, Mel :)

PS
Thanks for the mention!