Sunday, December 2, 2007

02/12/07

Wow! Can you all believe it's the last month of 2007!!!! I can't. It seems like 2007 has flown by. . . . just yesterday I was packing up my stuff from all the homes in Oregon that I lived in and threw away a crap load of stuff. . etc. . . so I could move to Japan.

Here's a quick update. . . sorry I can't put more pics up. . .I've been walking a lot with my buddy, Amy, and so I've been taking more pics but I haven't edited them yet and am being a bit lazy aboout it all sorry. I have some pics from my cell phone though and I know you'll think it's better then nothing :)

So here are the pics first. . . .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My friend, Bernice, stole my hat (Sunva made me) becuase she thought it was cute. My Roommate consistantly calls me Snuggle Pot after a fairy tail book that is popular in Australia.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I took this photo mid November . . . . .it was funny. . people would stand in front of this taking pics with their little point and shoot cameras and take a pic with a flash. . ..I wonder how their pics came out. BUT SERIOUSLY!!!! Japanese love taking pics of the Christmas lights!! And Japan's Christmas lights. . . aren't soo good. I can't wait to come home and see real Christmas lights. :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My friend, Amy, doing a little jig. I told her to give me the "We're getting money" look and this is what she did.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's bloody cold over here these days. . . yes, I know my head is HUGE!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Before the meeting with NOVA. Quick power nap. Oh, that's my only Scottish friend I have here or anywhere for that matter. His name is Richard.


Here is the update with NOVA. We had a meeting last week about when we are going to start working and signing new contracts and all that fun stuff. Well, to make a long story short. . . .we got two contracts to chose from.

Contract 1

Start today and start getting paid our full amount (if we work)
get a 50,000 yen advancement (500 dollars)

Contract 2

Start January 10th
get 150,000 yen pay (1500 dollars) that we don't have to pay back.

The deal is that they know that some of us need holiday in December/ January and the process of getting the schools up and running is taking longer. SOOOOO they want people to work but not till January but they want us to stay either way sooo. .. those who don't need holiday can chose to work now and those who don't can take the 150,000. BUT even if they chose Contract 1 they aren't guarenteed to work everyday becuase these isn't enough work. . it's like they are on call. If they don't work then they will get 60% of their pay but if the go in then then get full pay. . it's weird and stupid.

I took Contract 2 becuase it's perfect for me since I am needing Dec 22nd to January 13th off.

The ironic thing is this. . . after I signed the papers and thought I had my ducks in a row. . . . I got a call from a company here who does ALT (Assistant Language Teachers) jobs. I'd applied for a job that starts in April but they said they'd like me to come in for an interview for a job in January. . . I told them I probably couldn't start till March at the soonest... but they still asked me to come in. Soooooo I am interview tomorrow with this company. I'd like to get the job but I am also looking to travel to Hokkaido (the northern most island of Japan) with my friend Amy and maybe Tatsuya too. His family lives up in Sapporo which is the capital of Hokkaido. We'll see. . . . I'm praying that whatever is suppose to happen will. I"m not even sure I can stay another year with my loans and all but we'll see about that too.

Thanks for all your prayers and comments! It means a lot to me.

Prayer Requests:

My job situation will pan out.
I can stay in Japan another year and my loans will get figured out.
Tatsuya will get a GREAT job.
Tatsuya will take care of himself and won't overwork himself.


Love you all!!!

Thanks

Melody

No comments: