Saturday, December 22, 2007

Pardon my French but this is Bullshit

I seriously hate NOVA and anything having to do with NOVA. Why did they have us sign new contracts just to lay us off? I hate them! I hate them!! I turned down starting at Interac in January just because I felt bad fo skipping out on NOVA before my contract ended. I hate NOVA!

Here is the letter I recieved today while waiting for my flight.



In the interest of providing you the following information as quickly as possible, the following message is an advance email copy of a letter sent to your home address:

December 21, 2007

Information regarding Re-employment with G.education

Thank you for requesting re-employment with G.education. Since taking over operations at Nova we have put all our efforts into proceeding with the reopening of branches. As a result, we expect to have approximately 130 branches offering Nova lessons during December 2007.
At the same time, the Trustees in Bankruptcy are making progress with dissolving Nova Corporation. At present they have started proceeding sequentially with terminating leases of properties which will not be taken over by G.education and the problem of unpaid wages. With the cooperation of property owners, we have managed to rapidly reopen many branches but now intend to more closely align branch reopenings with the current business situation. The process of opening the Ekimae Ryugaku branches and restarting lessons requires a lot of time, personnel and expense. To enable us to offer lessons even more quickly to students who still have unused lesson points, we will shift the focus of development from the branches to expanding Ochanoma Ryugaku lessons with a view to even opening new Multimedia Center facilities overseas.

In the current business situation, it is only possible for G.education to employ a limited number of instructors in January and while we appreciate your request for re-employment from January 10, 2008, it is with great regret that we inform you that we are not able to offer you a position at G.education at this time.

This has been a very difficult decision for G.education to have to make and we would like to offer assistance to all applicants, including information about other employment options or financial assistance with purchasing an air ticket to your home country. Additionally, the G.communication group has opportunities available in the restaurant industry and would welcome inquiries if you have an interest in this field. We will also continue to assist the Trustees in Bankruptcy with the necessary documentation for making applications for reimbursement of unpaid Nova Corporation wages.

While the current business situation makes this decision unavoidable, we hope to be able to contact you and ask you for your assistance if possible once business operations allow.

In our endeavor to continue Nova fs business, we are constantly forced to make difficult decisions and, while our aim is to be able to have as many students as possible return to the branches and as many instructors as possible continue employment, it is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you of this decision and ask for your understanding.

We wish you all the best with your future endeavors.

Takashi Ono
Chief Executive Officer


Oh, what to do. . .

4 comments:

Mk said...

If you could let me know what you hear that would be GREAT! Thanks.

STEPHEN TAMIESIE said...

You're absolutely right. Bullshit. Hey my computer crashed w/ you email address and phone #. Shoot me another email or call me. I'm in Portland right now! Let's meet up!

Unknown said...

Apparently there is an error when I tried to send you a mail with my email adress include. Give me your and I will answer to it directly.
By the way I'm in Japan. Yout thought I was in USA ?

Mk said...

I will only leave this up for a week so. . . my email is melodylewisphotography@gmail.com please let me know what's going on in Japan and what we can do about getting fired. Thanks.

melody