Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kamahira Ageo Junior High School

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are two pics of my school. I'll take more later on in the year but I wasn't sure if it was okay or no. :)

The outside is the front of the school and that inside pic is the teacher's room. We all are just in one big room and the front of the room is where the principle and vice principle sit. Except the Principle has his own room. . . kinda.

You can see my desk. . it's on the right and there is a gray coat with black wrists. IT's like 5 chairs down.


Okay, I want to say also how much I really love this job and how much I love the teachers and students!!!! It's challenging at times just because . . . it's a new job still and jobs can be challenging but I can say that for like 90 percent of the time I'm enjoying it. I am soooooo blessed.

What's new. . . Oh, I got my bike stollen again but I got a cheap one for like 70 bucks and a second lock for it too. . .

I went to our school's welcoming party last Friday which was after work at 6pm and it was pretty fun. hahhahahah. . . my co-workers are pretty funny. Especially the older one's. It was an expensive party but it was worth it in the end. I had to give a little welcoming speech which was fun and it impressed all the teachers that I spoke in Japanese. . .even though all of them know I speak Japanese pretty well. . .well, for them they think I speak well but on the other side of the table I still feel incompetent. . . I mean I know what I know but I don't know a lot still. . .I know the word for spring but not for summer. . . for example.

I've become close friends with Kawaho Maya which is the new PE teacher. She helped me buy a new bike for at the station where I work because if I don't bike I have to walk 30 minutes to work. Also my company pays for the bike :) yay! Before the party she took me over to her house where I met her lovely mother. Very nice people.

It's funny. . . I've been at Kamahira for 2 weeks now going on 3 and its taken this long for a few of the teachers to even say 1 word to me. The morning of the party one man, Kurozu. . .he teaches math to 2nd year students, finally spoke to me and I thought he was this kind of rigid. . . stern man but completely opposite!!! He's just very very very very shy and very nice. He was nice to talk to. He spoke to me in English too which was very nice. I've come to truly realize that Japanese men are some of the shyest people I've met and that they can be very nice people but won't speak to you.

Oh, I played volleyball with the volleyball club (which is just the Volleyball team) this week too. . .I was dead afterwards and my arms actually got full on bruised. . . like not just red but BRUISED!!! My left hand on the rist area was purple and is now just turning yellowish purple. . .and there were little red dots where the blood vessels broke ALL over my fore arm. On my right arm it was really gross. . . probably the biggest bruise I've ever gotten on the underside of my fore arm ( I don't know why the under part) and it extended 3/4 of the way down to the wrist. . .also with the broken blood vessels on the top part. My knees are pretty gross too because I didn't wear knee pads. Oops. Stupid me. But it was really fun and I got a good work out. I'm still slightly sore.

Well, that is that for work. . I get up at 5am every morning (well, 4:50 when I didn't have a bike) and I go to bed by 10pm every night but sometimes as early as 8:50 (only once when I was soooo tired). My life has changed drastically becuase of this job. I love it though. I love the changes and I love the lives I'm affecting being here. I love interacting with the kids and the adults. It's sooooo much fun. God is good and has blessed me. Pray that I can glorify Him in all I do.

No comments: