Friday, April 11, 2008

Onsens and changing leaves

I've decided that if it's true what they say. . .a hot bath can heal all wounds. :) On monday I went to Fukushima to see my friend's, ai, family who live in Inawashiro in Fukushima. Her mother is a sweet heart and is always asking when I'll come back to see her and it always seems that when I leave I have a bag of rice in my hands. One time even Ai went up to fukushima and her mom sent some rice back for me. . .that was when Nova crashed and she heard I wasn't making any money. . .seriously a dear. Here are some pics from that trip which only lasted 2 nights and 3 days.


Photobucket

This is Chieko or as Tomu calls her. . .Okusan (which is a short version of Okasan which is mother in Japanese)

Photobucket

There was WAY too much food for her to eat and my food was pretty massive too. I'm use to pretty small portions these days but Okusan was shoveling it in me all week. I didn't complain ;)

Photobucket

A bit of her food. . not all of it. She loves tofu

Photobucket

I'm actually in a blind lady's house who does massage. I am sitting under a Kotatsu which is a table with a heater built under the table and actually there is a square hole cut out in the floor so your feet can dangle.

Photobucket

There was still snow in Fukushima which has a moutain for skiing and snowboarding but it was the end of the season.


Photobucket

Yeahhahhahahhahah! Tomu took me to an AWSOME Onsen in the hills of nowhere. It was sooo beautiful and completely like "Spirited Away" . . .minus the spirits. . ..


Photobucket

Here is one of the hallways

Photobucket

Here is the Onsen. . there was a waterfall outside the window. I took the picture with a self timer.

Photobucket

Stairs back up from the Onsen.

Photobucket

Post Onsen smile.

2 comments:

David said...

Amazing.

Amazing.

Amazing.

Amazing.

Natalie and Lily said...

I see London!
I see France!
I see Mel's lack of under pants!