Monday, March 10, 2008

Sarah Teasdale

Recently I found this poet, Sara Teasdale, and I've kinda fallen in love with her work. I really love it. . .that and "Small Time Blues" By Pete Droge. Its from "Almost Famous" if you recognize that title.



I love this song and I live this album its on. Check it out.

Oh, but back to Sarah Teasdale... here are a few of her poems I like. ..


"I would live in your love"

I would live in your love as the sea
grasses live in the sea,
Borne up by each wave as it passes,
drawn down by each wave that
recedes;
I would empty my soul of the dreams
that have gathered in me,
I would beat with your heart as it
beats, I would follow your soul
as it leads.


"It Will Not Change"

It will not change now
After so many years;
Life has not broken it
With parting or tears;
Death will not alter it,
It will live on
In all my songs for you
When I am gone

"After Parting"

Oh, I have sown my love so wide
That he will find it everywhere;
It will awake him in the night,
It will enfold him in the air

I set my shadow in his sight
And I have winged it with desire,
That it may be a cloud by day,
And in the night a shaft of fire.

"The Mystery"


Your eyes drink of me,
Love makes them shine,
Your eyes that lean
So close to mine.

We have long been lovers,
We know the range
Of each other's moods
And how they change;

But when we look
At each other so
Then we feel
How little we know;

The spirit eludes us,
Timid and free --
Can I ever know you
Or you know me?

No comments: