Friday, April 3, 2009

2 fingers are better then one when giving peace



The title is dedicated to "Gintama".


BUT this is about my sayonara party with the teachers. I had a great time and it was really great to be able to say goodbye to everyone since I actually finished working 2 days before everyone else did. I wasn't 100% sure if I was going to go to the going away party but Hyuga sensei (sitting to the right of the teacher in brown pants, Kawamata sensei) and Toya sensei, not pictured, talked me into it and I'm glad they did.

We had a great meal and they presented all 16 of us teachers leaving with flowers. Afterwards we all headed to an izakaiya to keep the party going and I didn't get home till past midnight but my roommate and laid out a futon in her room. So I came in and dropped into bed and relayed the night to Berns and then we fell asleep.

Sadly, the next day she left.

It's great to look back at these happy moments. I'm sure when I'm old (27) I'll look back at these and think of them just as dreams that happened so long ago. I hope not. I hope that Japan will always be a place I come back to or am in some way connected to. Though along with that I've some how picked up England, Philippines, and Australia as places close to my heart because of my roommates and friends here. I love how the world becomes smaller and smaller . . . until you wanna buy an airline ticket and then it seems like light years away. ;)


Here are some pics.

Photobucket

This is the first course. . . sorry, I stopped taking pics of food once the food actually came. This particular pic is dedicated to the Minami Urawa Girls. . MUG hahhahahhaha.

Oh, but that is a sea snail to the left, the thing in the front that looks like a weird ear mold. . .well. . . it was tempura octopus with some odd jelly, the pink and white flowers are just tofu sweets. The shrimp is clearly a tempura shrimp but since it's cherry blossom season they have used a pink and white tempura thing to make it look pretty. The green stuff was good. Seaweed of some sort or some sort of veggie. Ummm. . in the dish is tofu.

photobucket

Mr. Nakajima. He's really a funny but quiet guy. :)

Photobucket

Hyuga sensei and I eating ice cream.

Photobucket

Me and Urano sensei



And really this is to show that the peace sign is just an integrated part of Japanese life. Young and old throw up the nippon. . .which I think is funny. . to count things like pencils. . and other cylindrical things you use the ending "pon". . .Ippon, nippon, sanbon. . etc. Well, to say Japan in Japanese it's "Nihon" or "Nippon". . . maybe that is why they use the peace sign. It's their way of showing Japan pride.

No comments: