Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Onsen

I love Onsens!!!!

Onsens are hot springs in Japan where you go in. . . naked.

Unfortunately none of my family were adventurous enough to go with me. It does seem odd to go to a hot spring naked. . . with your . . mom or grandma or sister. :) The onsens are usually separated female and male.

Here are some pics from the onsen in Takayama. I went in the morning when less people were there and no one was in the area when I got in.

Photobucket

Here is the view from the onsen.

Photobucket

Here is a part of it.

Photobucket

To the right you can see an area and there you could sit on a little ceramic bench and water would fall on you and massage your back. It was pretty cool.

Photobucket

This was a foot onsen. I hadn't noticed it until the last day before we left, sadly. Mom and dad would have enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Natalie and Lily said...

Nana and Papa would've loved the view and the foot bath.