Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gintama




I don't know where there is underlining but there is, oh well. 


Okay, if you haven't lived in Japan or aren't into Jump manga then you probably won't know much about this manga/ anime.  If you do then you'll enjoy this.

My roommate and I are both pretty into Jump mangas.  She first introduced me to Naruto which is a good ninja story about a boy named Naruto who has a 9 tailed fox demon inside him and how he grows up with it inside him etc.  

My roommate, Bernice, is much more privy to the ways of anime and manga.  Well, she introduced me to "Gintama" which means "Silver spirit" but if you say "Kintama" it means "golden. . .mmm. . .yeah, something men have and women don't".  hahaahhahha. (sorry, if that was crude. . . .snicker)

Well, Gintama is nothing like Naruto but it is set in the edo period but some aliens have landed in Tokyo and have taken it over.  The aliens have taken over the samurai and have outlawed real swords.

Gintama is about an ex-samurai, Gintoki, who runs a business being a jack of all trades and doing anything if paid.  He has two workers; Shinpachi who is a glasses wearing, know it all and is the "level headed" on in the manga.  And then there is Kagura-chan who is actually from another planet but she wears chinese clothes and has a funny way of ending her sentences in Japanese.  She is also from the Yato clan who are known to be the strongest and most blood thirsty clans in the universe.  It's funny, they are known for their 'transparent' skin and being sensitive to sunlight so she always has an umbrella with her (super cool umbrella that shoots bullets and is bullet proof).

It's a great manga and I'd recommend reading it or watching it (if you wanna read it go to Manga fox.com.  If you wanna watch it go to anime media.com .  

I am mostly posting this because I was reading it and thought of Bernice who is currently in England but probably either playing on her PSP, bumming around, reading a manga in Japanese with her English dictionary by her side, eating a thing of curry, or watching Inuyasha or Akatsuki. . .amatsuki. . .which is it.  hahahha, one is an evil clan in Naruto and the other is a manga name. 

For all of you who think I've gone crazy for reading manga and watching anime. . . just know I haven't just gone crazy, I was just in the closet but living here I realized it doesn't really matter if you think I'm weird or not :)  And you'll still love me even if I like shallow characters with HUGE eyes. I'm going Japanesa.  

Oh, I love Elizabeth who is the duck character with the long hair. 




No comments: