Thursday, April 30, 2009

A tight Squeeze

Today, my parents, my grandma, my sister in-law, and I all squeezed into my friend's little 4 seater car/ SUV type thingy. We were soooooo jam packed that Anna, my sister, had to lay across my g-ma's and mom's lap while they were in-cased by all their luggage.

If you were wondering why we decided to do this, it's because today my family went back to the US. We drove for about 1 hr. and 45 minutes like that to the airport. We passed toll booths and right before the airport there is a check point and a cop comes up and asks for ID and to look in the back of the car. The last time we, Joy and myself that time, came to the airport we had nothing in the car but the people ahead of us had stuff and the cop had them take it all out. I was thinking about this as I scrambled to find my ID. Well, I worried for nothing. The cop just looked at my ID and then glanced in the back (where Anna was obviously laying on my mom and g-ma's lap) and said, "Thank you."

We made it in plenty of time (an understatement since we got there at 9:30am and their flight left at 4pmish but I had to be at another airport to pick up Joy and Brian who flew in at 11am).

The past 3 weeks went by so fast. . seriously it felt like my parents just got here. And now I leave in 3 days. I will head home and arrive home on the 4th of May. I am a bit concerned with the Swine Flu but I can't do much about it.

Well, I don't have a cell phone yet. . .anyone have any recommendations for cellphone companies?


1 comment:

Natalie and Lily said...

We still love T-mobile. You should be able to get a good deal. Many of the companies are giving away free touch screen phones right now for new customers. I think Beth is on Verizon, I'm not sure about the others.
Don't worry about the swine flu. Just wash your hands frequently, stay hydrated, and keep your hands away from your face, and you should be fine.
I'm so glad the girls are not in ps right now!