Friday, April 17, 2009

Family in Japan

I can't believe they have made it!!!! My parents and grandma are here finally!!!

My family actually came in on the 14th but we've been busy traveling.

Photobucket

I took this at the airport while we waited for my family

Joy and I drove to pick up them up at Narita. We actually got there and back safely. No one died and we didn't get lost. My parents came in at 2pm and we got there around 1:40pm. On the way to the airport we talked about how fast customs is in Japan. Neither of us had to wait very long. . . well, we spoke too soon because it took over an hour for my family to get through customs. While we waited Joy and I tried to avoid looking like we were together BECAUSE I'd forgotten my passport (really I don't ever bring it with me) and my alien card. I usually have my alien card on me at all times because if I get carded by the police I need it. Police in Japan can randomly card foreigners and ask to see their passports or alien registration cards. While waiting for my parents, 2 policemen came up to Joy and asked to see hers. My heart started to race and I got super scared because if they decided to card me (which would have been natural since I was with her) I would have had to go to the police station and wait till someone brought my card or passport. I started to pray immediately. As they filled out Joy's info one of them turned to me and in Japanese asked if I was with her and so I did what was natural to do. . .I answered the truth in Japanese. He seemed to be fine about that and they went on their way. I was sooooooooooo nervous and wanted to get out of the airport ASAP.

My parents came and we got all their stuff and headed home. On our way home we got to fill our tank at a Japanese gas station for the first time which was fun :) Joy's car only has 4 seats so I got to sit on the side/ floor. But we made it home and had a nice Easter dinner that night too.


Photobucket
Here they come :)

Photobucket

Mom and grandma

Photobucket

Joy and I filling gas.

Photobucket

My dad eating a stick with quail egg and meat.

Yayyayyaa, thanks Joy and Brian for all you've done. Thanks for driving us around and letting us stay at your house.

Photobucket

My parents room :)

Photobucket

I made an baskets for my parents and grandma


Here are some pictures of us celebrating a late Easter with Joy and Brian.

Photobucket

My parents brought over some food from Trader Joe's for Joy and Brian too. Oh, the bags are our baskets :)

Photobucket

Brian got some red wine

Photobucket

Joy got horsey socks and I got Easter socks. Very cute Mom :)

Photobucket

All of us together.

Photobucket

Joy making dinner

Photobucket

My family resting while waiting for Easter dinner

Photobucket

We were cleaning up from dinner and apparently Joy hadn't gotten enough of my pumpkin pie ;)

No comments: