Thursday, March 5, 2009

"Beauty for Ashes" by Joyce Meyers

I'm reading a book by Joyce Meyers called "beauty for ashes". Have you read this? If not it's very good. It's about healing from abuse (not just physical but she does talk alot about it because she was abused by her father). She goes through the process of forgiveness, healing, self identity, rejection, not loving oneself, accepting God's love, etc. If you haven't read this you should.


"So from now on we regard no one from a worldy point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer." II Cor. 5:16

Friends, I am learning to not only ask for a cup of water from God but I am learning to recieve the cup and drink of it. For too many years have I been asking for water and thirsted for it and when the Lord gave it to me, I didn't drink of it. I am learning more about finding my self worth in Jesus and not myself or others and what that means. Even now my mind has a hard time wrapping it's thoughts around that. To know that I am loved by God in a river and flow that never ends and that in that I don't need to compare myself with others. For the Lord doesn't compare us. It is like comparing an apple to a car or one object so far appart from another object. You are you and I am I. And we are both made in Christ's image. Perfect and without error. He made us this way. You with your talents and mine with mine so that we may bless eachother with our gifts from God but not to withhold our gifts in fear or selfishness. I am recieving His love. . not just asking for it and in His love I am finding healing and wholeness. I am becoming the best me I can be.

In her book, Joyce talks about a story of a man in Europe who goes into a silver and gold shop to purchase some items. While he was shopping he didn't once see the shop keeper. When he was ready to buy his things he noticed that the shop keeper was in the back and actually he was the man who made the items for sale too. He was in the back near a fire refining some gold. When teh man asked if he could step away and help him the refiner said he couldn't. Not for a second because if he did and the fire got too hot it would ruin the gold and if it got to cold then the gold would harden with impurities. He needed to watch the gold untill it was finished. The man asked when that would be done. He said, "I will know it is finished when I can look in the metal and see my reflection very clearly."

"therefore I do not run uncertainly. I do not box like one beating the air and striking without an adversary. But I buffet my body and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit. " I Corinthians 9: 24-27

No comments: