Monday, March 16, 2009

God wants to bless you

"And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acing nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint."

Galatians 6:9


Last night I stayed up later to talk to my parents in their morning since today, Monday, I didn't have to work because of graduation last Saturday.

I called them up and my dad answered a bit groggy. Apparently he had just been sleeping and I'd woken him up. But being a great dad as he is he cheerfully woke up and talked with me. My mom was still asleep even though he was talking to me. :)

My dad said that he had some good news for me. To be honest. . I knew that they had Jasmine, my sister's daughter, and he had just told me that she was sleeping between them. For some reason I thought. . .maybe Beth and Erik, my sister and her husband, were pregnant. I was wrong but he did ask me if I remembered about the class action lawsuit that was being filed against my old school, Brooks. Well, I'd filled out all that stuff over a year ago and I'd thought I'd forgotten some paper work. But of course I remembered the lawsuit. He said, "Well, you got a check in the mail." I was kind of surprised since I thought I hadn't finished all the paper work.
"What? 2 dollars?" I asked laughingly.
"Well, a little more then that." he said calmly.
"Oh, 3 dollars?" I said sarcastically.
"Would you believe if I said 6,000 dollars?" He said with a hint of laughter.
"What????? Really?" I shockingly asked.
"yeah." He replied not joking at all.

I was too surprised for this news. Not only because I never thought anything would come of it but because a few days ago on the eve of the 13th I lay in bed praying to God about money and stuff. I had soooo much pressure with different expenses. I had my loans I had to keep paying even after I stopped working since I couldn't defer for awhile more since I'd deferred so much already, I needed a new computer and photoshop since my computer died and I needed a new version of photoshop, I needed a car, I had credit card debt and stuff I owed my parents, and then my family was coming to Japan and that was a higher cost then I had expected (I'd never had to pay for my own trip costs before.). Just a lot to think about. And the economy back in the states and wanting to start my photography business (since back in the summer I had heard from God to start being a good steward of my talents) during a recession.

So I lay in bed trying to lay this at the feet of Jesus and trust in Him. Knowing He would take care of me and my finances. Well, that night something amazing happened in itself. Here is the entry I wrote the next day in my journal.

"

March 14, 2009

Last night I heard a voice. I was praying about money and the Japanese trip and a voice said, ' paid for student loans.' And suddenly my heart was filled with hope and it ached with joy and anticipation.

I accept this promise in the Lord's name. He will help me with my loans and they will be paid in full and I needn't worry!

I feel with graduation here at Kamihira, I too am graduating.

As my Christian friends here would say, 'the next level.'"

The next entry was this

March 15, 2009

" I read an article by Joyce Meyers on fear and she talks about how God says 'fear not' but how it doesn't only mean to not fear but also 'don't run'. If we wait to move until fear has left us we may have to wait forever. God asks us to walk in faith and that doesn't mean He will always take the things we're scared of away or the emotion. It just means, go and walk in faith even if you're scared. We don't need to fear but we do need to obey if we love God and want to receive His blessings. "

We talk about doing and obeying God because it's best for us, we will be blessed, etc. But isn't loving God enough of a reason to want to obey Him? Is our love for God based on what He can do or give us? "

His love isn't based on what we can do or give Him. It is always here. We just need to receive it.

Both these entries mean a lot to me because before finding out about the blessing of 6,000 dollars God was speaking to me. To me this 6,000 is great but to me the greater blessing is to hear and experience God's love for me. Not just providing for me but encouraging me in walking in His promises. I know that I'm suppose to do photography( and that photography is to bless those around me and the bless God's name. I know He will do great things with my photography not because it's any good, trust me it's not that, but because He wants to use it for His kingdom. I'm just soooo excited that He has CHOSEN me to spread His kingdom here on earth. )

He has reminded me with this blessing not to swerve but to keep going straight. Not to go right or to go left but to boldly go straight. With my fears, worries, and questions but to step out. Imperfect and flawed but in faith. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5) "And therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all those who wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him." (Isaiah 30:18) I had a lot of fears about starting my photography business. Failure, rejection, etc. But last year God fully told me to be a good steward of my photography and to start my business. And before today I was kind of looking left and right with what to do when I first came home. I was thinking of getting a summer job to make some money to start my business which seems logical and the best thing to do but I realized I was looking left and right. God wants me to start doing photography and with this money He gently reminded me that that is again what He wants me to do and what is best.

As my seasons changes from Japan to America I feel I am at the beginning of a roller coaster. I know we usually use roller coasters for negative examples but for me I feel that it's a good example for my life now. In my spirit I can feel something is coming and that God is going to do great things in this new season. Not just in me but I know for certain in the Body everywhere (not just Japan or America) God is going to do amazing things in this next season. For me I think it will be crazy, fast, a little scary, and a little exhilarating. But God will be with me and I know that this is what I am suppose to do.

I'm very excited for this next season. God is sooo good and this time here in Japan recently has been SO very sweet. I have been able to spend soo much time with God alone and really press into Him. My focus is refocused on Him a lone and I think having this time of rest and less distractions in life is preparing me for the craziness of moving back home. I thank Him soooo much for this time right now with Him. (Psalms 23)

(I just thought of the old school song "You are my hiding place" based on Psalms 110:114

YOU ARE MY HIDING PLACE,
YOU ALWAYS FILL MY HEART
WITH SONGS OF DELIVERANCE.
WHENEVER I AM AFRAID
I WILL TRUST IN YOU.

I WILL TRUST IN YOU;
LET THE WEAK SAY,
"I AM STRONG
IN THE STRENGTH OF MY LORD."

To those who are waiting and are in a season of waiting, not being sure, having a promise but feel like it hasn't come into fruition, etc. . . to you all I say Galatians 6:9. Wait! God does amazing things in the waiting. For things to change and for things to come about it takes time. Wait. God wants us to preserver through the wait. Don't swerve. Don't look to the right or left. Go forward in His promises and know that He has a season and a time that is NEVER late and NEVER early. It's a perfect time and in that time He will bless you and you shall reap what you have sewn.

Don't let the enemy or the world steal your joy or blessing from the Lord. Don't trade what is heavenly for that which is earthly. Do not lose heart (2 Corinthians 4:8-10) Store your joys and happiness in God and not in this world where moth and rust can eat away at it. (Matthew 6:19-22)

God wants to bless you.

Galatians 5:5
"But by faithwe eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. For Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value(He doesn't look at the things we do, look like, etc. He looks at our hearts and soul. He looks at the person we are made to be and will be. It's only man who puts weight on the physical things we do and are.). The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."

God wants to bless you.








No comments: